Our review for CBD Living was generally ok, but there is always room for improvement. The brand boasts free shipping, a money-back guarantee, a variety of products, and the use of non-GMO, organic-certified hemp to manufacture its CBD products. It offers all the mainstay CBD products like edibles, topicals, tinctures, softgels, and vapes, and the less common products, including isolates, bath bombs, and many more. Moreover, it uses CO2 extraction to strip CBD oil from the surfaces and further subjects the products to nano-processing, which it claims is beneficial for increasing absorbability. The brand also 3rd party tests its products, but only focuses on THC & CBD potencies, leaving out purity tests for standard contaminants such as heavy metals, microbials, mycotoxins, residues, and solvents. Still, the potency tests show that the products have a wide CBD variance, with some posting as much as 162%, much higher than the 10% acceptable variance limit. Does the brand measure up enough to deserve your cash? This is our 2022 full review for CBD Living, and it discusses much about the brand.
About the Company
CBD Living saw its debut in 2013 and is about a decade old in the CBD arena. Bill Di Segna is the brand’s founder and the person behind the company. There is also an entire team comprising Ph.D. scientists and university professors who work tirelessly hard to advance CBD Living’s product delivery. An entire page crafted ‘Meet The Team’ details who the team members are, and includes their bios, and you can check it out to understand who is behind the impressive products the brand offers. According to the brand’s official website, CBD Living was created to provide premium quality CBD products backed by science. This followed the fact that during the early days after the brand saw its debut, it took time to survey other CBD companies and their products and realized major gaps, which it then committed to filling in.
CBD Living is unique for many reasons, including its nanotechnology that reduced cannabinoids to nanoparticles, making them into more water- and oil-soluble deliverables. According to the brand, nanotechnology ensures the particles are about 90% bioavailable, about 15 times more absorbed than the regular CBD products in the market that have not passed through nano-processing. However, these claims are yet to be confirmed or rejected. Besides, the brand boasts a large inventory of THC-free, full-spectrum, and isolate-based products, taking in all categories of CBD enthusiasts.
The brand’s website is professionally designed, straightforward, and easily navigable. As such, it offers web visitors and clients an easy shopping time. You can shop by benefits (relax, sleep, immunity, etc.) or by products (capsules, vapes, topicals, etc.). Although it has an FAQ link, the page is currently empty. However, the website’s Blog section discusses most concerns people might have about CBD. Compared to other brands of its caliber, CBD Living products are fairly priced, with the average price point being $0.03- $0.4 per mg CBD.
The following specs are true to CBD Living;
- The clean CO2 extraction method is employed to strip CBD from hemp surfaces
- Nanotechnology improves products’ absorbability, making the cannabinoids therein more bioavailable
- The brand’s FAQ page is blank
- The money-back guarantee allows dissatisfied clients to file complaints
- Free shipping is offered for orders worth $75 and above
- Extracts available in full-spectrum, THC-free, and isolate-based formulations
- The website offers adequate information about the brand’s founder and the team
- Extract deliverables include capsules, vapes, tinctures, topicals, edibles, and pet items
- The average price point for products ranges between $0.03 and $0.4
- The total CBD concentrations in the products range from 10 to 10000 mg
- The brand is not BBB-accredited
- F rating on BBB website
- No FDA complaints
- MCT oil formulation is used to increase the bioavailability of the cannabinoids
CBD Living offers sufficient information about its team, founding, and extraction method but does not say a thing about its hemp sources. Nonetheless, it mentions that it uses organic, non-GMO hemp to manufacture all the CBD products in its inventory. This is wise, especially because many ethical concerns now surround the genetic modification of organisms and consuming them or products made from them. Still, we look forward to the brand being open about its hemp sources.
CBD Living uses the clean CO2 extraction method to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces, and the technique is appreciated in the CBD industry for its efficiency and safety. It carefully strips off unwanted particles, leaves behind what’s needed, and does not attach solvents to the extracts. What follows is a series of three-stage nano-processing, specifically executed to make the products more soluble. Emulsion nanotechnology ensures broad-spectrum CBD extracts become more water-soluble, self-emulsifying nanotechnology boosts oil solubility, and skin retention nanotechnology makes topical products more soluble on the skin.
The next stage is 3rd party testing, an independent quality and control step CBD brands execute to test its products’ safety, THC & CBD potency, and purity. Purity tests basically focus on standard contaminants, including heavy metals, solvents, residues, microbials, and mycotoxins. CBD Living only partially 3rd party tests its products and focuses on THC and CBD potencies. However, it indicates positions for purity tests in some lab reports, but the spaces are blank, showing the products are not tested for contaminant purity. The results are available on the centralized Test Results section on the website’s bottom.
Range of Products
CBD Living boasts a wide product catalog and offers the following;
CBD Living Tinctures
The brand offers various types of CBD that feature multiple potencies, ranging from 6.67 to 166.67 mg/ml. They come in 15-, 30-, and 60-ml bottles, with the total CBD concentrations ranging between 100 and 10000 mg. Moreover, they come in broad- and full-spectrum formulations formulated with MCT oil for increased bioavailability.
CBD Living Edibles
Do you hate the aftertaste of CBD oil and prefer to take the cannabinoid via edible products? CBD Living gummy products got you covered. They include vegan, sour, and ring gummies and feature nano CBD or broad-spectrum CBD formulations. They have varying potencies, including 3.52 to 25 mg/unit. The gummies are vegan-friendly and are ideal for those subscribing to this diet. There are many flavors and potencies to choose from, yet they cost as low as $10 and as high as $30.
CBD Living Softgels
These capsules feature three different potencies, including 5, 25, and 50 mg/unit. According to the website, they are strictly taken orally and not otherwise. They are coated with bovine gelatin for cows, making them vegan-unfriendly.
CBD Living Topicals
CBD Living offers a product line with multiple topical products one can choose from. They are all made from nano-extracted broad-spectrum CBD and guarantee full entourage effects without the psychoactive THC. They include salves, patches, bath salts, body lotions, bath bombs, lip balms, massage oils, etc., which come in multiple CBD concentrations. The total CBD in these products ranges from 60 to 4500 mg, while the potency variance is 0.33- 51.14 mg/ml. What’s more, the topicals are available in multiple flavors, and it’s up to one to choose.
CBD Living Pet Products
If you have a furry friend, you can buy CBD Living pet products for him. The product division is wide and includes paw balm, pet treats, water & topical products like conditioner, revitalizer, and shampoo, tinctures, and more. Most of these are available in broad-spectrum formulations and have nanoparticles. Each product page has instructions for administering the product in question.
CBD Living Pre-rolls, Vapes, and Other Products
You can also buy shatters, pre-rolls, cookies, and vapes from the brand. Most items in this line are made with broad-spectrum CBD and have nanoparticles. The vapes contain 500 mg, and the pre-rolls have 140 mg CBD, and both come in multiple flavors. The respective product pages and labels provide further information on administering the products.
CBD Living CBD Isolates and Delta-8 Products
The brand has a line with CBD isolates, featuring 1000 mg of pure CBD. Delta- 8 products are also on offer and feature vape carts (pineapple express hybrid, grape India, & Sativa options), as well as drinks. There are lemonades (100 mg) and energy drinks (30 mg). Alternatively, you can buy delta- 8 gummies, each delivering 25 mg delta-8.
What We Like About the Company
The following pros are associated with CBD Living;
- There is a money-back guarantee that clients can take advantage of and get refunds and exchanges
- Formulating its products with MCT oil increases their bioavailability
- The brand offers free shipping for orders worth $75 and above
- CBD Living offers THC-free, full-spectrum, and isolate-based CBD products, taking onboard all type of CBD aficionados
- There is a wide potency range of 10- 10000 mg for CBD, taking onboard novice and veteran CBD enthusiasts
- CBD Living technically offers everything in the CBD arena, including softgels, tinctures, topicals, vapes, pet items, and topicals
- The website diligently 3rd party tests its products for THC and CBD potencies and indicates the results online
- The centralized Test Results hub allows one-for-all viewership of all products in the company’s catalog
- The clean CO2 extraction method the brand employs to strip CBD oil from hemp surface is relatively safe and efficient and minimizes chances of leaking in solvents into the products
- The three-type nanotechnology processing the brand subjects its extracts to may help boost bioavailability, although this is yet to be confirmed by studies
What We Do Not Like About the Company
We identified the following kinks while reviewing CBD Living;
- The brand does not come out clear about where it sources its hemp
- It does not test its products for purity, probably allowing heavy metals, microbials, mycotoxins, residues, and solvents
- Some products posed as high as 162% CBD variance, which is far more than the 10% acceptable variance limit
- The claims about nanotechnology increasing product solubility have not been confirmed by studies
- The $75 free shipping threshold is relatively high and may not be attained by all the clients in the brand’s domain
- The money-back satisfaction is limited to case-by-case issues
CBD Living is a popular hemp brand with many products, including gummies, vapes, isolates, topicals, tinctures, softgels, and more. It boasts many strongholds, including 3rd party tests, free shipping for orders worth $75 and above, the money-back guarantee, and nano-processing, which supposedly increases products’ solubility. Nonetheless, it has a few areas to improve to win an even large customer base. The free shipping threshold is relatively high, the FAQ page is empty, it does not test for contaminant purity, and products pose crazily high CBD variances. It is only by straightening these kinks that it will do better in the hemp space.